Reserection

cinderella8
I don't really think that I know much about how Jesus reserected from the cross. Also how the other people felt when they saw it. Could you help me find some chapters and verses from the bible?

Re: Reserection

Jeff and Jeremy
Thanks for the great question.  We really enjoy the chances to answer questions but the ones that deal with Jesus are even better.  Before we answer the question of how people felt about Jesus and the resurrection we would like to go over a brief outline from the cross to the resurrection.

Let’s start with Jesus prophesying about His death and His resurrection.

Matthew 16:21
21 From then on Jesus[a] began to tell his disciples plainly that it was necessary for him to go to Jerusalem, and that he would suffer many terrible things at the hands of the elders, the leading priests, and the teachers of religious law. He would be killed, but on the third day he would be raised from the dead.

This verse shows us that Jesus not only knew that he would go to Jerusalem suffer, die, and then be resurrected but also that he talked about it with his disciples before it all even happened.    This next verse will show us that not only will he be resurrected but before this he will also go to the lowest parts of the earth.

Matthew 12:40
40 For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.
Jesus is then betrayed and captured.  He was brought before the elders and they decided the he would be crucified.

Matthew 27:35-36
 35 After they had nailed him to the cross, the soldiers gambled for his clothes by throwing dice.[a] 36 Then they sat around and kept guard as he hung there.

Matthew 27:45-50
45 At noon, darkness fell across the whole land until three o’clock. 46 At about three o’clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,[a] lema sabachthani?” which means “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?”[b]
 47 Some of the bystanders misunderstood and thought he was calling for the prophet Elijah. 48 One of them ran and filled a sponge with sour wine, holding it up to him on a reed stick so he could drink. 49 But the rest said, “Wait! Let’s see whether Elijah comes to save him.”[c]
 50 Then Jesus shouted out again, and he released his spirit.

The above verses show us the crucifixion and the death of Jesus.  After Jesus dies we see that He then goes to the lowest parts of the earth and then is resurrected.

Ephesians 4:8-10
"8 That is why the Scriptures say,
   “When he ascended to the heights,
      he led a crowd of captives
      and gave gifts to his people.”[a]
 9 Notice that it says “he ascended.” This clearly means that Christ also descended to the lowest parts of the earth.
 10 And the same one who descended is the one who ascended higher than all the heavens, so that he might fill the entire universe with himself."

We can also see in the above posted verse (Mathew 12:40) that he goes down the heart of the earth for 3 days.
After he has been down there for 3 days he is resurrected.  We can see this at the empty tomb.

Mathew 28:1-6
1 Early on Sunday morning,[a] as the new day was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went out to visit the tomb.
 2 Suddenly there was a great earthquake! For an angel of the Lord came down from heaven, rolled aside the stone, and sat on it. 3 His face shone like lightning, and his clothing was as white as snow. 4 The guards shook with fear when they saw him, and they fell into a dead faint.
 5 Then the angel spoke to the women. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen. Come, see where his body was lying.

As the women are running off Jesus stops them.  You can also get an idea of how people felt seeing Jesus after the resurrection.

Matthew 28:9-10
9 And as they went, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they ran to him, grasped his feet, and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t be afraid! Go tell my brothers to leave for Galilee, and they will see me there.”
I would like to add to this why Jesus and the resurrection was so important.

Romans 10:9
9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Here we see that by believing that Jesus was the Son of God that came down in the form of man died and then was risen from the dead you will be saved.

1 Corinthians 15:12-14
12 But tell me this—since we preach that Christ rose from the dead, why are some of you saying there will be no resurrection of the dead? 13 For if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised either. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, then all our preaching is useless, and your faith is useless.

The above verse is also emphasizing the importance of the resurrection.

I know this was a long answer and I hope you were able to stick through it.  By the end you should be able to see the path Jesus had to take to save us.  You should also have some verses that will help lead you through Jesus and the resurrection.  I hope this helped.  Let us know if you have any other questions.  Thanks again.

Re: Reserection

Laverio
Ah, reserection... I have one quite often...

As for "jesus", historically speaking, he was most likely the son of Cesar and Cleopatra. He was born in the right period, he was of "noble" origins given his parents, just as it is said for "jesus", his "mother" was really his maid who Cleopatra sent away with him, and that explains why she was a virgin when she married that old guy, who "sacrificed" himself and married a young virgin with a child although that would have been a sin among those arab bedouins, just as it  is today.

That would explain why he was a self proclaimed "king" too. His maid would have told him the stories about his parents and brainwash him into believing that he was a "special" kid who would return to take his rightful throne of the world, which is what Rome pretty much was in those days in Mediterranean basin.

The historical fact is that Cesar's and Cleopatra's son was never found by Romans and was deemed dead. Another historical fact is that Pontius Pilate, who was a prolific writer and had kept a very detailed diary of his time as a prefect of Judea, never mentioned jesus and any of the events in which he personally would have been involved, according to the bible.

More facts: archeological excavations in Jerusalem prove that the "city" was no more than a handful of muddy huts in the time described in bible, which claims that Jerusalem was a "magnificent" city all built up in stone.

It wasn't. For more historical facts that destroy bible and its' "credibility" look up the 6 part documentary called "The bible unearthed".

And stop believing in nonsense invented by ignorant toothless bedouins who were shit-traumatised by lightings and needed these stories to give them enough courage to last through the night of an ordinary storm...