Revelations- Four Horsemen

LoganEmily
I was reading the book of revelations and I read through the four horses. I know there is a white horse, red horse, black horse, and a pale horse. I also know the pale horse is death, but the other three horses did not have names they were only described in looks. So my question is, what are the names of the four horses of revelation?

Re: Revelations- Four Horsemen

Jeff and Jeremy
Logan,
Thanks for the question.  We will get right on this.

Re: Revelations- Four Horsemen

Jeff and Jeremy
This is a very interesting question.  I am impressed with the fact that you are approaching the Word of God with a desire to learn.  By that I mean, you’re not just reading over it but you are taking the time to ask questions and truly understand God’s word.
Revelations clearly only gives a name to the Pale horse, which of course is Death.  But without having named the other three horses ( White, Red, and Black) it tells us what their mission was.

White Horse- is to “go forth conquering, and to conquer”.  He has a bow and is given a crown.  Some writings have given him the name “Conquest” however the Bible does not come out and say that.  Interesting to note: it mentions that he has a bow but does not mention him having any arrows or a quiver.  Could this mean that he will conquer peacefully?  Will the people crown him a king or world leader because of this?

Red Horse -  now he that comes on this horse, Bible says, “ power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given him a great sword.”  Could this “peace” that he is taking be the peace delivered by him on the White horse?  Some writing call this rider “War” which interestingly enough he is given a “great sword”.

Black Horse -  In verse 5 & 6 the Bible describes a situation of famine.  The “penny” cost mentioned in these verses, when looking into the Greek represents the equivalent of 10 donkeys.   Obviously a lot for what would be considered a quart of wheat.  Some writers have called this rider Famine.

Pale Horse – whose name IS given, Death, and Hell followed him.  “And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.”
So we see what their missions are and if you notice they kind of flow in succession.  First, one rises up to leadership by bringing peace.  Second, one disrupts this peace and brings about war.  Third, one creates a famine, which could come after a war or during. Fourth, one now brings death.  A result from war and famine.
We would encourage you to continue to read and ask questions seeking to God better.  If we can be of any help in your growth please continue to write us.
God Bless!

Re: Revelations- Four Horsemen

panpan2523
As expected, the new store will carry Christian Louboutin full Fall Winter 2010 handbag and shoe collections. Where Christian Louboutin shop G317, Gateway Arcarde harbor city of the Tsimshatsui. http://clshoesonline.net/totes-category-17.html fashion totes  Related posts:Fratelli Rossetti's Harbour City Store Italian brand, Fratelli Rossetti's first stand alone boutique in Asia. Italian Christian Louboutin 2009 Fall Collection A match made in heaven. You can find Christian Louboutin